Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Working for the Next Day...


Unloaded the kiln on Monday evening. This is a bisque firing where I fire the work I made to 1800 degrees. I now am in the process of painting and glazing each piece. I paint with glazes on the outside of each piece making the beautiful floral patterns or the new rainbow trout I have been doing. I will be working at this all week and hopefully ready to do the glaze firing on Friday or Saturday. Here the work is fired to 2200 degrees. This firing takes about 8 to 10 hours depending on the weather. If windy, usually takes a bit longer.
I am getting ready for the upcoming art shows I will be participating in this month.
The first show is The Winthop Art Show Saturday August 21. I believe it is the 21st year for this show. A nice show with some wonderful artists.

The second show this month is at Longfellow's Greenhouses in Manchester. This is a Designing Women Show. I will be there Saturday August 28th. Here the works of some of Maine and New Hampshire's finest women artisans will be showing and selling their work. We will be setting in the beautiful gardens at Longfellows, which makes a great background for the artwork.
Designing Women also partners with a non-profit group that helps the community. Once again this year the group will be Sexual Assault and Crisis Center who's office is in Winthrop. There is a suggested $2 donation at the entrance. Luncheon can also be purchased making this a fun destination for a lovely late summer outing. This added extra plus is that if it rains that day we will be setting up in the greenhouse.

So, hi ho hi ho.....

No comments: