Thursday, October 6, 2011

October


Today is lovely. The sun has come out after several days of rain and clouds. The show in Camden was a bust due to the rain. Made expenses back and almost caught a cold. I was able to ward it off thank goodness.
Have been back home making more pottery. Firing the kiln today and making granola. I am doing much needed housework.

As I sit here avoiding more housework I am reminded that October is a special month for me. Especially this year. Ten years ago in July I was told I had lung cancer. It was operable and I had my surgery in October of 2001. I have been clean and received the official "cured" stamp 5 years ago, but somehow this anniversary seems a bit more final and optimistic. Wow, ten years ago my life was different. On this day I was preparing for the surgery and the recovery ahead. I knew I was not going to be able to do much for the next few months. They were planning on taking out the upper right lobe of my right lung. I ended up having the upper and middle removed. I believe my actual surgery was Oct 17th... I could look it up, but don't think it is necessary.

I don't think I have much else to say. Just thankful I am still here.


I will say I received much help from family and friends. Thank you for that

I also received help from http://craftemergency.org
A wonderful organization. I will be raising money again this year for CERF+
I believe I am going to auction off a bowl......details forthcoming. Just firing the kiln today, then the glazing....I will post a picture of the bowl once it is done. In the meantime visit the website for CERF+

No comments: